Activities, fun, friendship and work-related experiences for young people with additional needs aged between 14 and 25 in Monmouthshire
Caldicot & Chepstow area
Tel: 07584 299611
Building Bridges has a full-time project Coordinator for the South of Monmouthshire. The project in the south covers all of the main towns, suburbs and surrounding villages in the Chepstow and Servern Side area stretching from Magor, Caewent and villages in the lower Wye.
Regular Activities in the Caldicot & Chepstow area include:
- Girls Group at Caerwent Community Centre, 4pm – 6pm. Cost £2.50
- Inclusive youth club at Caerwent Community Centre, 6pm – 7.30pm. Cost £3.50
- Integrated youth club at Caerwent Community Centre, 6.30pm – 8pm. Cost £1.00
- Gardening Crew – various locations. This is a session where young people develop gardening skills whilst maintaining gardens for older people in their community.
- Golf at Dewstow driving range, 6pm – 7pm (location to be changed shortly). Cost £5.50
- Top Stop Coffee Shop at Bulwark Community Centre, 6pm – 8pm. Cost £1.00
- Dance Blast at Bulwark Community Centre, 6pm – 7pm. Cost £4.00
- Drama at Bulwark Community Centre, 6pm – 8pm. Cost £5.00
All of the activities in the south are inclusive which means that young people with and without disabilities are welcome to attend. Only Monday night youth club requires a referral to the project, but it is essential that you contact Fred or Rio to book onto any of the activities and discuss your requirements before attending.
During school holidays and on some weekends other events and activities are arranged depending on the young people’s desires and availability. These vary and advanced notice will be given closer to the times.
Generally, on a week to week basis, those who are referred onto the project have opportunity to work with their project coordinator to explore volunteering and work related activities. Support is given via job coaching if necessary and we work with the young people to explore different work based opportunities.
It you would like to attend any of the above activities or would like more information, please contact Fred on 07879 333 011 or Rio on 07584 299 611.