Activities, fun, friendship and work-related experiences for young people with additional needs aged between 14 and 25 in Monmouthshire
Tel: 07788 606268
The Abergavenny area of the project covers the main town, suburbs and surrounding villages, stretching to Raglan, Little Mill, Gilwern and Grosmont.
Regular activities in the Abergavenny area include
- Swimming Group at Abergavenny Leisure Centre, 1.30pm – 3.30pm. We join the public swimming session.
- Petanque at Bailey Park, Abergavenny, 1.30pm – 4pm. We are part of the Abergavenny Petanque Club and play all year depending on weather. As part of the club we can choose to play matches too! You can have 3 taster sessions before joining the Petanque club
- Pool at The Somerset Arms, 4pm – 6.30pm. This is a drop in session and just costs the price of a drink of your choice
- Rhinos Football Group at Deri View Primary School, 6pm – 7pm. This group is a relaxed, fun session open to male and female members. This session costs £3
- Volunteering group at The Melville Theatre (Drama Centre), 10am – 12 Midday. Currently we are helping catalogue their extensive wardrobe department. Project Coordinators
- Friday Group, 1pm – 3pm. We meet weekly and the activities are decided the previous week by the members of the group. These activities can include anything from Walking the Blorenge to Bowling, Pottery Painting and Board Games. The costs for this session vary depending on the activity.
- Gaming / Internet Café group, The Get together Café, 4pm-6pm. A fun open session for the young people to get together with friends, use the internet and game. Contact Andy for more details.
We are always looking to develop opportunities based on what the young people want and encourage and support them to set up their own social groups, such as Cinema Club.
During school holidays and on some weekends other events and activities are arranged depending on the young people’s desires and availability. These vary and in the past have included Cookery, Drama, Internet Gaming sessions, various sporting events, and Craft etc. Advanced notice will be given closer to the times.
Many of the Abergavenny Young People who aren’t in school or college are involved in volunteering within the Abergavenny and Monmouth areas, working in the Bridges Community Shop, helping at various social groups or community venues such as The Abergavenny Community Centre, The Melville Theatre and with our very own swimming group. Support is given via job coaching if necessary and we work with the young people to explore different work based opportunities.
For more information about any of the activities we offer please contact Lisa (Tues, Weds, Thurs) or Andy (Mon, Thurs, Fri) directly on 07788 606382 or 07788 606268 or call the main office on 01600 710895.